Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 1 > Article 1 > Chapter 3.5
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- corrected population count: means a certification of census population count for a political subdivision that:
Indiana Code 1-1-3.5-1.5
- federal decennial census: means a United States decennial census of population conducted under 13 U. See Indiana Code 1-1-3.5-2
- Highway: includes county bridges and state and county roads, unless otherwise expressly provided. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Noncode statute: means a statute that is not codified as part of the Indiana Code. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- political subdivision: has the meaning set forth in IC 36-1-2-13. See Indiana Code 1-1-3.5-2
- Population: has the meaning set forth in IC 1-1-3. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- special tabulation: means a certification of the census population count for a political subdivision that:
Indiana Code 1-1-3.5-2.5
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5