Indiana Code > Title 23 > Article 15 > Chapter 12 – Use of Cooperative in Business Entity Name or Marketing Materials
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 23 > Article 15 > Chapter 12 - Use of Cooperative in Business Entity Name or Marketing Materials
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- cooperative entity: means a business entity subject to this chapter that is:
Indiana Code 23-15-12-2
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Federal Reserve System: The central bank of the United States. The Fed, as it is commonly called, regulates the U.S. monetary and financial system. The Federal Reserve System is composed of a central governmental agency in Washington, D.C. (the Board of Governors) and twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks in major cities throughout the United States. Source: OCC
- in writing: include printing, lithographing, or other mode of representing words and letters. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- National Credit Union Administration: The federal regulatory agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions. (NCUA also administers the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, which insures the deposits of federal credit unions.) Source: OCC
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5