|Chapter 1||Regulation of Podiatrists|
|Chapter 2||Board of Podiatric Medicine|
|Chapter 3||Application for Licensure|
|Chapter 5||Reciprocity; Temporary Licensure|
|Chapter 6||License Renewal|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 25 > Article 29
- advance deposit wagering: means a system of pari-mutuel wagering in which wagers of an account holder are debited and payouts are credited to an account established by the account holder, regardless of whether the wagers are made in person, by telephone, or through communication by other electronic means. See Indiana Code 4-31-7.5-3
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- licensed SPMO: means a secondary pari-mutuel organization licensed under this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-31-7.5-6
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Verified: when applied to pleadings, means supported by oath or affirmation in writing. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5