Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 25 > Article 29
- agency: refers to any agency of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of state government. See Indiana Code 4-23-25-1
- commission: refers to the Indiana commission for women established by section 3 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-23-25-2
- committee: refers to the advisory committee for children with special health needs established by section 2 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-23-26-1
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Verified: when applied to pleadings, means supported by oath or affirmation in writing. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5