|Chapter 1||Regulation of Architects Generally ? Creation of Board|
|Chapter 2||Landscape Architects Certification|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 25 > Article 4
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- board: shall be construed to mean the board of registration for architects and landscape architects. See Indiana Code 25-4-1-22
- board: means the board of registration for architects and landscape architects as established under Indiana Code 25-4-2-1
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- landscape architecture: means the practice of professional services such as consultation, investigation, reconnaissance, research, planning, design, or responsible supervision to develop land areas for the dominant purpose of preserving, enhancing, or determining:
Indiana Code 25-4-2-1
- practitioner: means an individual registered as a landscape architect under this chapter. See Indiana Code 25-4-2-1
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Verified: when applied to pleadings, means supported by oath or affirmation in writing. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5