|Chapter 1||Regulation of Architects Generally ? Creation of Board|
|Chapter 2||Landscape Architects Certification|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 25 > Article 4 - Architects
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- board: refers to the children's health policy board established by section 2 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-23-27-1
- board: shall be construed to mean the board of registration for architects and landscape architects. See Indiana Code 25-4-1-22
- board: means the board of registration for architects and landscape architects as established under IC § 25-4-1-2. See Indiana Code 25-4-2-1
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- landscape architecture: means the practice of professional services such as consultation, investigation, reconnaissance, research, planning, design, or responsible supervision to develop land areas for the dominant purpose of preserving, enhancing, or determining:
Indiana Code 25-4-2-1
- practitioner: means an individual registered as a landscape architect under this chapter. See Indiana Code 25-4-2-1
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5