Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 25 > Article 8
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- examination: includes the repetition of an examination by a person who did not receive a satisfactory grade (as defined by Indiana Code 25-8-13-1
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- minor: means a person less than eighteen (18) years of age. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Nolo contendere: No contest-has the same effect as a plea of guilty, as far as the criminal sentence is concerned, but may not be considered as an admission of guilt for any other purpose.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- tanning device: means equipment that meets the following conditions:
Indiana Code 25-8-15.4-3
- tanning facility: means a facility that provides persons with access to a tanning device. See Indiana Code 25-8-15.4-4