Indiana Code > Title 32 > Article 17.5 – Uniform Disclaimer of Property Interests Act
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 32 > Article 17.5 - Uniform Disclaimer of Property Interests Act
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Inter vivos: Transfer of property from one living person to another living person.
- Intestate: Dying without leaving a will.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Revocable trust: A trust agreement that can be canceled, rescinded, revoked, or repealed by the grantor (person who establishes the trust).