|§ 34-18-16-1||Advanced payment not admission of liability|
|§ 34-18-16-2||Admissibility; payment exceeds liability of defendant; adjustment of judgments|
|§ 34-18-16-3||Claim not assignable|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 34 > Article 18 > Chapter 16 - Evidence of Advanced Payment; Assignability of Claim
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.