|§ 34-36-2-1||Demand; calling from regular panel|
|§ 34-36-2-2||Special jury|
|§ 34-36-2-3||Summoning; striking; number|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 34 > Article 36 > Chapter 2
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Juror: A person who is on the jury.
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Sheriff: means the sheriff of the county or another person authorized to perform sheriff's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.