|§ 34-36-3-1||Number of jurors; stipulations|
|§ 34-36-3-2||Alternate jurors|
|§ 34-36-3-3||Number of challenges|
|§ 34-36-3-4||Examination of jurors|
|§ 34-36-3-5||Challenge; interested in another suit|
|§ 34-36-3-6||Oath; verdict|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 34 > Article 36 > Chapter 3
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Juror: A person who is on the jury.
- Oath: includes "affirmation" and "to swear" includes to "affirm". See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.