|Chapter 3||Tribal-State Compacts|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 4 > Article 29
- active duty: means full-time service in the:
Indiana Code 25-1-12-2
- affiliated: refers to a provider that is a member of the same provider group as another provider. See Indiana Code 25-1-9.1-2
- agency: refers to the Indiana professional licensing agency established by Indiana Code 25-1-13-2
- agency: refers to the Indiana professional licensing agency. See Indiana Code 25-1-16-1
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- armed forces of the United States: means the active or reserve components of:
Indiana Code 25-1-12-3
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- board: means any of the entities described in Indiana Code 25-1-8-1
- board: means any of the entities described in Indiana Code 25-1-9-1
- board: means any of the entities described in Indiana Code 25-1-11-1
- board: means an entity that regulates a specific regulated occupation. See Indiana Code 25-1-16-2
- board: has the meaning set forth in Indiana Code 25-1-17-1
- boxing: means the art of attack and defense with the fists, or feet in the case of kickboxing, practiced as a sport. See Indiana Code 4-33-22-1
- Charity: An agency, institution, or organization in existence and operating for the benefit of an indefinite number of persons and conducted for educational, religious, scientific, medical, or other beneficent purposes.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- covered individual: means an individual who is entitled to coverage under a health plan. See Indiana Code 25-1-9.1-3
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- direct primary care agreement: means a contract entered into between a primary care provider or an employer of a primary care provider and an individual patient or the patient's legal representative in which the primary care provider or the employer of the primary care provider:
Indiana Code 25-1-10-1
- distant site: means a site at which a prescriber is located while providing health care services through telemedicine. See Indiana Code 25-1-9.5-2
- emergency medical condition: means a medical condition that arises suddenly and unexpectedly and manifests itself by acute symptoms of such severity, including severe pain, that the absence of immediate medical attention could reasonably be expected by a prudent lay person who possesses an average knowledge of health and medicine to:
Indiana Code 25-1-9.1-4
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- fund: refers to the athletic fund created by this section. See Indiana Code 4-33-22-9
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- health plan: means :
Indiana Code 25-1-9.1-5
- in writing: include printing, lithographing, or other mode of representing words and letters. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC
- INSPECT: refers to the Indiana scheduled prescription electronic collection and tracking program established by section 4 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 25-1-13-3
- Joint resolution: A legislative measure which requires the approval of both chambers.
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- license: includes a license, certificate, registration, or permit. See Indiana Code 25-1-9-3
- license: includes a license, certificate, registration, or permit. See Indiana Code 25-1-11-3
- license: includes a license, certificate, or registration. See Indiana Code 25-1-15-1
- license: means :
Indiana Code 25-1-16-4
- medical record: means written or printed information possessed by a provider (as defined in IC 16-18-2-295) concerning any diagnosis, treatment, or prognosis of the patient, unless otherwise defined. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- military service: means service performed while an active member of any of the following:
Indiana Code 25-1-17-2
- military spouse: means the husband or wife of an individual who is a member of the armed forces of the United States. See Indiana Code 25-1-17-3
- mixed martial arts: means the unarmed physical confrontation of persons involving the use, subject to limitations as established by the commission, of a combination of techniques from different disciplines of the martial arts, including grappling, kicking, and striking. See Indiana Code 4-33-22-2
- national guard: means :
Indiana Code 25-1-12-4
- network: means a group of two (2) or more providers that have entered into:
Indiana Code 25-1-9.1-6
- network provider: means a provider described in section 6 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 25-1-9.1-7
- Oath: includes "affirmation" and "to swear" includes to "affirm". See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- office: refers to the office of management and budget. See Indiana Code 25-1-16-4.5
- originating site: means any site at which a patient is located at the time health care services through telemedicine are provided to the individual. See Indiana Code 25-1-9.5-3
- out of network provider: means a provider that is not described in section 6 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 25-1-9.1-8
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: means an individual, a partnership, a corporation, or a limited liability company. See Indiana Code 25-1-11-4
- practitioner: means an individual who holds:
Indiana Code 25-1-9-2
- practitioner: means a person that holds:
Indiana Code 25-1-11-2
- practitioner: means an individual who holds:
Indiana Code 25-1-12-5
- practitioner: refers to any of the following:
Indiana Code 25-1-15-2
- prescriber: means any of the following:
Indiana Code 25-1-9.5-4
- prescriber: refers to a practitioner who maintains an Indiana controlled substance registration and a federal Drug Enforcement Administration registration. See Indiana Code 25-1-9.7-1
- President pro tempore: A constitutionally recognized officer of the Senate who presides over the chamber in the absence of the Vice President. The President Pro Tempore (or, "president for a time") is elected by the Senate and is, by custom, the Senator of the majority party with the longest record of continuous service.
- primary care health services: includes any of the following services that are provided within the primary care provider's scope of practice and for the purpose of promotion of health or the detection and management of disease or injury:
Indiana Code 25-1-10-3
- primary care provider: means a person that is licensed, certified, or registered under IC 12, IC 16, or this title to provide primary care health services in Indiana. See Indiana Code 25-1-10-2
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- provider: means a practitioner described in Indiana Code 25-1-9.1-9
- provider group: means a legal entity:
Indiana Code 25-1-9.1-10
- referral: means a recommendation or direction made by a provider to a covered individual that the covered individual receive a health care item or service rendered by another provider that is not affiliated with the first provider. See Indiana Code 25-1-9.1-11
- regulated occupation: has the meaning set forth in Indiana Code 25-1-16-5
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- sexual contact: means :
Indiana Code 25-1-9-3.5
- sparring: means combat in which participants intend to and actually:
Indiana Code 4-33-22-5
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- store and forward: means the transmission of a patient's medical information from an originating site to the prescriber at a distant site without the patient being present. See Indiana Code 25-1-9.5-5
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- telemedicine: means the delivery of health care services using electronic communications and information technology, including:
Indiana Code 25-1-9.5-6
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- unarmed combat: means the practice, or any related practice, of mixed martial arts or martial arts. See Indiana Code 4-33-22-7
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5