|Chapter 3||Tribal-State Compacts|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 4 > Article 29
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- anesthesiologist assistant: means an individual who:
Indiana Code 25-3.7-1-1
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- board: refers to the medical licensing board of Indiana. See Indiana Code 25-3.7-1-2
- board: shall be construed to mean the board of registration for architects and landscape architects. See Indiana Code 25-4-1-22
- board: means the board of registration for architects and landscape architects as established under IC 25-4-1-2. See Indiana Code 25-4-2-1
- Charity: An agency, institution, or organization in existence and operating for the benefit of an indefinite number of persons and conducted for educational, religious, scientific, medical, or other beneficent purposes.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- confidential information: means information related to the play of paid fantasy sports games by game participants obtained solely as a result of or by virtue of a person's employment. See Indiana Code 4-33-24-3
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- development agreement: means the written agreement or group of written agreements that:
Indiana Code 4-33-23-2
- development provider: means :
Indiana Code 4-33-23-3
- division: refers to the paid fantasy sports division established by section 11 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 4-33-24-4
- economic development payment: means monetary disbursement paid under a development agreement that is:
Indiana Code 4-33-23-4
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- game operator: means a person who:
Indiana Code 4-33-24-5
- game participant: means an individual who participates in a paid fantasy sports game offered by a game operator. See Indiana Code 4-33-24-6
- Joint resolution: A legislative measure which requires the approval of both chambers.
- landscape architecture: means the practice of professional services such as consultation, investigation, reconnaissance, research, planning, design, or responsible supervision to develop land areas for the dominant purpose of preserving, enhancing, or determining:
Indiana Code 25-4-2-1
- licensed facility: means any of the following:
Indiana Code 4-33-24-7
- licensee: means any of the following:
Indiana Code 4-33-24-8
- paid fantasy sports game: means any fantasy or simulation sports game or contest that meets the following conditions:
Indiana Code 4-33-24-9
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: means any association, corporation, limited liability company, fiduciary, individual, joint stock company, joint venture, partnership, sole proprietorship, or other private legal entity. See Indiana Code 4-33-24-10
- Personal property: includes goods, chattels, evidences of debt, and things in action. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Power of attorney: A written instrument which authorizes one person to act as another's agent or attorney. The power of attorney may be for a definite, specific act, or it may be general in nature. The terms of the written power of attorney may specify when it will expire. If not, the power of attorney usually expires when the person granting it dies. Source: OCC
- practitioner: means an individual registered as a landscape architect under this chapter. See Indiana Code 25-4-2-1
- President pro tempore: A constitutionally recognized officer of the Senate who presides over the chamber in the absence of the Vice President. The President Pro Tempore (or, "president for a time") is elected by the Senate and is, by custom, the Senator of the majority party with the longest record of continuous service.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Verified: when applied to pleadings, means supported by oath or affirmation in writing. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5