|§ 8-1-24-1||Approval of commission not required for certain transactions|
|§ 8-1-24-2||Exemption from IC 8-1-1 and IC 8-1-2|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 8 > Article 1 > Chapter 24
- commission: refers to the Indiana utility regulatory commission. See Indiana Code 8-1-1-1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.