Notwithstanding the provisions of chapter 22, all financial statements of warehouse operators under this chapter shall be kept confidential by the department and its agents and employees and are not subject to disclosure except as follows:
1. Upon waiver by the licensee.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 203C.24
- Department: means the department of agriculture and land stewardship. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- Grain: means the same as defined in section 203. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- United States: includes all the states. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Warehouse: shall mean any building, structure, or other protected enclosure in this state used or usable for the storage of agricultural products. See Iowa Code 203C.1
3. Disclosure to the Iowa grain indemnity fund board in regard to licensees who present liability to the fund.
4. When required by subpoena or other court orders.
5. Disclosure to law enforcement agencies in regards to the detection and prosecution of public offenses.
6. Where released to a bonding company approved by the department or to the United States department of agriculture or any of their divisions.
7. Where released at the request of the Iowa accountancy examining board for licensee review and discipline in accordance with chapters 272C and 542 and subject to the confidentiality requirements of section 272C.6.
8. Disclosure to the grain industry peer review panel as provided in section 203.11B.