1. The department shall adopt rules as it deems necessary for the efficient administration of this chapter, and may designate an employee or officer of the department to act for the department in any details connected with administration, including the issuance of licenses and approval of deficiency bonds or irrevocable letters of credit in the name of the department, but not including matters requiring a public hearing or suspension or revocation of licenses.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 203C.5
- Department: means the department of agriculture and land stewardship. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- Rule: includes "regulation". See Iowa Code 4.1
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Warehouse: shall mean any building, structure, or other protected enclosure in this state used or usable for the storage of agricultural products. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- Warehouse operator: means a person engaged in the business of operating or controlling a warehouse for the storing, shipping, handling or processing of agricultural products, but does not include an incidental warehouse operator. See Iowa Code 203C.1
2. a. The department may adopt rules specifying the form, content, and use of documents issued by a warehouse operator under this chapter including but not limited to scale tickets, warehouse receipts, settlement sheets, and daily position records. The department may adopt rules for both printed and electronic documents, including rules for the transmission, receipt, authentication, and archiving of electronically generated or stored documents.
b. All scale ticket forms and warehouse receipt forms in the possession of a warehouse operator shall have been permanently and consecutively numbered at the time of printing. A warehouse operator shall maintain an accurate record of the numbers of these documents. The record shall include the disposition of each form, whether issued, destroyed, or otherwise disposed of. The department may by rule require this use of prenumbered forms and recording for documents other than scale tickets and warehouse receipts.