As used in this chapter:
1. “Administrator” means the administrator of the division.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 225C.2
- Intellectual disability: means a disability of children and adults who as a result of inadequately developed intelligence have a significant impairment in ability to learn or to adapt to the demands of society, and, if a diagnosis is required, "intellectual disability" means a diagnosis of mental retardation as defined in the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, fourth edition, text revised, published by the American psychiatric association. See Iowa Code 4.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. “Commission” means the mental health and disability services commission.
3. “Department” means the department of human services.
4. “Director” means the director of human services.
5. “Disability services” means services and other support available to a person with mental illness, an intellectual disability or other developmental disability, or brain injury.
6. “Division” means the division of mental health and disability services of the department.
7. “Mental health and disability services region” means a mental health and disability services region formed in accordance with section 331.389.
8. “Mental health and disability services regional service system” means the mental health and disability service system for a mental health and disability services region.
9. “Person with a disability” means a person with mental illness, an intellectual disability or other developmental disability, or brain injury.
10. “Regional administrator” means the same as defined in section 331.388.