1. On or after January 1, 1989, a museum shall at minimum maintain and retain the following records, either originals or accurate copies, for a period of not less than twenty-five years:
a. A notice of intent to preserve an interest in property.
b. The loan agreement, if any, and a receipt or ledger for property on loan.
c. A receipt or ledger for property delivered to an owner or claimant.
d. Records containing the following information, as available, for property in the museum’s possession:
(1) Lender’s name, address, and phone number.
(2) Claimant’s name, address, and phone number.
(3) Donor’s name, address, and phone number.
(4) Seller’s name, address, and phone number.
(5) The nature and terms of the transaction (loan for specified term, loan for unspecified term, donation, purchase, etc.).
(6) The beginning date of the loan period or transaction date.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 305B.11
- Claimant: means a person who files a notice of intent to preserve an interest in property on loan to a museum as provided in section 305B. See Iowa Code 305B.2
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Loan: means a deposit of property not accompanied by a transfer of title to the property. See Iowa Code 305B.2
- Museum: includes , but is not limited to, historical societies, historic sites or landmarks, parks, monuments, and libraries. See Iowa Code 305B.2
- Property: means a tangible object, animate or inanimate, under a museum's care which has intrinsic historic, artistic, scientific, or cultural value. See Iowa Code 305B.2
- Rule: includes "regulation". See Iowa Code 4.1
2. The department of cultural affairs may by rule determine the minimum form and substance of recordkeeping by museums with regard to museum property to implement this chapter.