1. Sections 305B.1 through 305B.8 are retroactively applicable to all property in the possession of a museum within the state on or after January 1, 1988.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 305B.13
- Museum: includes , but is not limited to, historical societies, historic sites or landmarks, parks, monuments, and libraries. See Iowa Code 305B.2
- Property: means a tangible object, animate or inanimate, under a museum's care which has intrinsic historic, artistic, scientific, or cultural value. See Iowa Code 305B.2
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. Section 305B.9 is effective July 1, 1989, and when effective is retroactively applicable to all property in the possession of the museum before July 1, 1989, and is prospectively applicable to all property in the possession of the museum on or after July 1, 1989, for which a claim is filed on or after July 1, 1989.