In enacting a statute, it is presumed that:
1. Compliance with the Constitutions of the state and of the United States is intended.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 4.4
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- United States: includes all the states. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. The entire statute is intended to be effective.
3. A just and reasonable result is intended.
4. A result feasible of execution is intended.
5. Public interest is favored over any private interest.