1. Every applicant for a real estate license shall apply in writing upon blanks prepared or furnished by the real estate commission. The real estate commission shall not require that a recent photograph of the applicant be attached to the application. The real estate commission shall only require an applicant to disclose on the application criminal convictions for crimes classified as indictable offenses.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 543B.16
- Designated broker: means a licensee designated by a real estate brokerage agency to act for the agency in conducting real estate brokerage services. See Iowa Code 543B.5
- real estate: means real property wherever situated, and includes any and all leaseholds or any other interest or estate in land, and business opportunities which involve any interest in real property. See Iowa Code 543B.4
- Salesperson: means a person who is licensed under, and employed by or otherwise associated with, a real estate broker, as a selling, renting, or listing agent or representative of the broker. See Iowa Code 543B.5
2. Every applicant for a license shall furnish information setting forth the applicant’s present mailing address and electronic mail address.
3. Every applicant for a salesperson‘s license shall furnish a written statement by the designated broker whose service the applicant is about to enter recommending that the license be granted to the applicant.