1. An applicant for certification as a real estate appraiser who is not a resident of Iowa shall submit, with the application for certification, an irrevocable consent that service of process upon the applicant may be made by delivery of the process to the secretary of state if, in an action against the applicant in a court of this state arising out of the applicant’s activities as a certified real estate appraiser, the plaintiff cannot, in the exercise of due diligence, effect personal service upon the applicant.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 543D.10
- certified real estate appraiser: means a person who develops and communicates real estate appraisals and who holds a current, valid certificate for appraisals of types of real estate which may include residential, commercial, or rural real estate, as may be established under this chapter. See Iowa Code 543D.2
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1