Terms Used In Iowa Code 543D.9
- Associate real estate appraiser: means a person who may not yet fully meet the requirements for certification but who is providing significant input into the appraisal development under the direction of a certified appraiser. See Iowa Code 543D.2
- Board: means the real estate appraiser examining board established pursuant to this chapter. See Iowa Code 543D.2
- certified real estate appraiser: means a person who develops and communicates real estate appraisals and who holds a current, valid certificate for appraisals of types of real estate which may include residential, commercial, or rural real estate, as may be established under this chapter. See Iowa Code 543D.2
- real estate appraisal: means an analysis, opinion, or conclusion relating to the nature, quality, value, or utility of specified interests in, or aspects of, identified real estate. See Iowa Code 543D.2
- Rule: includes "regulation". See Iowa Code 4.1
The board shall determine what real estate appraisal or real estate appraisal review experience and what education shall be required to provide appropriate assurance that an applicant for certification is competent to perform the certified appraisal work which is within the scope of practice defined by the board. All experience required for initial certification shall be performed as a registered associate real estate appraiser acting under the direct supervision of a certified real estate appraiser, except as the board may provide by rule. The board shall prescribe a required minimum number of tested hours of education relating to the provisions of this chapter, the uniform appraisal standards, and other rules issued in accordance with this chapter.