1. a. Any position of membership on any board, committee, commission, or council in the executive branch of state government which is compensated by the payment of a per diem to the holder of that position under statutory law shall be compensated at the rate of fifty dollars per diem, notwithstanding any other law to the contrary.
b. Reimbursement of expenses to the holder of any position governed by this subsection shall be as provided in the applicable law.
c. In regard to any board, committee, commission, or council which has its name or organizational location altered after January 1, 1986, the statutory provision on the subject of per diem compensation which was applicable to it on January 1, 1986, shall continue to govern such agency and its successor agency, notwithstanding the change in name or organizational location.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 7E.6
- property: includes personal and real property. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- United States: includes all the states. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. Any position of membership on any board, committee, commission, or council in the state government which has a compensation level limited to expenses only is eligible to receive, in addition to such actual expense reimbursement, an additional expense allowance of fifty dollars per day if the holder of any such position applies for such additional expense allowance and the holder of the position has an income level of one hundred fifty percent or less of the United States poverty level as defined by the most recently revised poverty income guidelines published by the United States department of health and human services.
3. Any position of membership on the board of the Iowa lottery authority shall receive compensation of fifty dollars per day and expenses.
4. Any position of membership on the transportation commission shall be compensated at an annual rate of ten thousand dollars.
5. Any position of membership on the board of parole, the public employment relations board, the utilities board, the employment appeal board, and the property assessment appeal board shall be compensated as otherwise provided in law.
6. All of the compensation provisions of this section are subject to the proper appropriations being made in the state budget legislation.
7. It is the intent of the general assembly that this section shall be the governing provision on the subject of the compensation of any position of membership on any board, committee, commission, or council in the state government and that the provisions of this section shall govern over any conflicting provision of law except provisions enacted subsequent to July 1, 1986, notwithstanding the provisions of section 4.7.