Iowa Code 819.2 – Witnesses from another state required to testify in this state
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Iowa Code 819.2
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- seal: shall include an impression upon the paper alone, or upon wax, a wafer affixed to the paper, or an official stamp of a notarial officer as provided in chapter 9B. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
If a person, in any state whose law makes provision for commanding persons within that state to attend and testify in criminal actions pending or grand jury investigations commenced in this state, is a material witness in a district court action pending or a grand jury investigation commenced in this state, a judge of such court shall, in order to obtain the presence of such witness, issue a certificate under the seal of the court stating these facts and specifying the number of days the witness will be required.