|§ 819.1||Witnesses required to testify in another state|
|§ 819.2||Witnesses from another state required to testify in this state|
|§ 819.3||Fees and enforcement of order|
|§ 819.4||Exemptions — arrest — service of process.|
|§ 819.5||Definition of state|
Terms Used In Iowa Code > Chapter 819
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- seal: shall include an impression upon the paper alone, or upon wax, a wafer affixed to the paper, or an official stamp of a notarial officer as provided in chapter 9B. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- United States: includes all the states. See Iowa Code 4.1