1. The inspection required by this chapter shall not be made by the commissioner if an owner or user of equipment specified by this chapter obtains an inspection by a representative of a reputable insurance company and obtains a policy of insurance upon the equipment from that insurance company.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 89.7
2. The representative conducting the inspection shall be commissioned by the commissioner as a special inspector for the year during which the inspection occurs and shall meet such other requirements as the commissioner may by rule establish. The commission shall be valid for one year and the special inspector shall pay a fee for the issuance of the commission. The commissioner shall establish the amount of the fee by rule. The commissioner shall establish rules for the issuance and revocation of special inspector commissions. The rules are subject to the requirements of chapter 17A.
3. The insurance company shall file a notice of insurance coverage on forms approved by the commissioner stating that the equipment is insured and that inspection shall be made in accordance with section 89.3.
4. The special inspector shall provide the user and the commissioner with an inspection report including the nature and extent of all defects and violations, in a format approved by the labor commissioner.
5. The failure of a special inspector to inform the commissioner of violations shall not subject the commissioner to liability for any damages incurred.