Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 60-607
- Residence: means the place which is adopted by a person as the person's place of habitation and to which, whenever the person is absent, the person has the intention of returning. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
(a) An action for divorce, annulment of marriage or separate maintenance may be brought in:
(1) The county in which the petitioner is an actual resident at the time of filing the petition;
(2) the county where the respondent resides or where service may be obtained; or
(3) if the petitioner is a resident of or stationed at a United States post or military reservation within the state at the time of filing the petition, any county adjacent to the post or reservation.
(b) For the purposes of this section, a spouse may have a residence separate and apart from the residence of the other spouse.