(a) Except as otherwise provided in this act, no business entity shall engage in an asbestos project unless the entity holds a license issued by the secretary for that purpose.
(b) The provisions of this act do not apply to a business entity which uses its own employees in removing or encapsulating asbestos for the purposes of renovating, maintaining, repairing or demolishing the entity’s own facilities.
Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 65-5302
- Asbestos: means that asbestiform varieties of: Chrysotile, crocidolite, amosite, anthophyllite, tremolite and actinolite. See Kansas Statutes 65-5301
- Asbestos project: means an activity undertaken to remove or encapsulate friable asbestos containing materials. See Kansas Statutes 65-5301
- Business entity: means a partnership, firm, association, corporation, sole proprietorship or other business concern. See Kansas Statutes 65-5301
- License: means an authorization issued by the secretary permitting a business entity to engage in an asbestos project. See Kansas Statutes 65-5301
- Secretary: means the secretary of health and environment. See Kansas Statutes 65-5301