Terms Used In South Carolina Code > Title 44 > Chapter 87 - Asbestos Abatement License
- Asbestos abatement entity: means any individual, partnership, firm, association, corporation, sole proprietorship, or other business concern, as well as an employee or member of a governmental, religious, or social organization, that is involved in asbestos abatement. See South Carolina Code 44-87-10
- Asbestos project: means an activity associated with abatement, including inspection, design, air monitoring, in-place management, encapsulation, enclosure, renovation, repair, removal, any other disturbance of regulated asbestos-containing materials, and demolition of a regulated facility. See South Carolina Code 44-87-10
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control. See South Carolina Code 44-87-10
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.