Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 74-8757
- Electronic gaming machine: means any electronic, electromechanical, video or computerized device, contrivance or machine authorized by the Kansas lottery which, upon insertion of cash, tokens, electronic cards or any consideration, is available to play, operate or simulate the play of a game authorized by the Kansas lottery pursuant to the Kansas expanded lottery act, including, but not limited to, bingo, poker, blackjack, keno and slot machines, and which may deliver or entitle the player operating the machine to receive cash, tokens, merchandise or credits that may be redeemed for cash. See Kansas Statutes 74-8702
- Lottery facility games: means any electronic gaming machines and any other games which, as of January 1, 2007, are authorized to be conducted or operated at a tribal gaming facility, as defined in K. See Kansas Statutes 74-8702
- Lottery gaming facility: means that portion of a building used for the purposes of operating, managing and maintaining lottery facility games. See Kansas Statutes 74-8702
- Lottery gaming facility manager: means a corporation, limited liability company, resident Kansas American Indian tribe or other business entity authorized to construct and manage, or manage alone, pursuant to a lottery gaming facility management contract with the Kansas lottery, and on behalf of the state, a lottery gaming enterprise and lottery gaming facility. See Kansas Statutes 74-8702
- Person: means any natural person, association, limited liability company, corporation or partnership. See Kansas Statutes 74-8702
- Racetrack gaming facility: means that portion of a parimutuel licensee location where electronic gaming machines are operated, managed and maintained. See Kansas Statutes 74-8702
- Racetrack gaming facility manager: means a parimutuel licensee specifically certified by the Kansas lottery to become a certified racetrack gaming facility manager and offer electronic gaming machines for play at the racetrack gaming facility. See Kansas Statutes 74-8702
(a) A person less than 21 years of age shall not be permitted in an area where electronic gaming machines or lottery facility games are being conducted, except for a person at least 18 years of age who is an employee of the lottery gaming facility manager or the racetrack gaming facility manager. No employee under age 21 shall perform any function involved in gaming by the patrons.
(b) No person under age 21 shall play or make a wager on an electronic gaming machine game or a lottery facility game.