Kentucky Statutes > Chapter 339 – Child Labor
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Kentucky Statutes > Chapter 339 - Child Labor
- commissioner: shall mean the commissioner of the Department of Workplace Standards, under the direction and supervision of the secretary of the Education and Labor Cabinet. See Kentucky Statutes 339.205
- Directors: when applied to corporations, includes managers or trustees. See Kentucky Statutes 446.010
- Domestic: when applied to a corporation, partnership, business trust, or limited liability company, means all those incorporated or formed by authority of this state. See Kentucky Statutes 446.010
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Probation officers: Screen applicants for pretrial release and monitor convicted offenders released under court supervision.
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- State: when applied to a part of the United States, includes territories, outlying possessions, and the District of Columbia. See Kentucky Statutes 446.010