Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:538.2
- Retirement: means termination of active service, with a retirement allowance granted under the provisions of this Chapter. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:403
- State: means the state of Louisiana. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:403
- System: means the Louisiana State Employees' Retirement System. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:403
A. The Louisiana State Employees’ Retirement System shall, within a reasonable period of time before making an eligible rollover distribution, provide a written explanation to the recipient of such distribution explaining the following:
(1) The provisions under which the recipient may have the distribution directly transferred to an eligible retirement plan and that the automatic distribution by direct transfer applies to certain distributions in accordance with Section 401(a)(31)(B) of the Internal Revenue Code.
(2) The provision which requires the withholding of tax on the distribution if it is not directly transferred to an eligible retirement plan.
(3) The provisions under which the distribution will not be subject to tax if transferred to an eligible retirement plan within sixty days after the date on which the recipient received the distribution.
(4) The provisions under which distributions from the eligible retirement plan receiving the distribution may be subject to restrictions and tax consequences which are different from those applicable to distributions from the plan making such distribution.
B. For the purposes of Subsection A of this Section, the term “reasonable period of time” shall have the meaning assigned to it under Section 401(a)(31) of the Internal Revenue Code and the regulations thereunder.
Acts 2010, No. 102, §1, eff. July 1, 2010.