As used in this Subpart, the following words and terms shall have the meanings hereinafter ascribed to each, unless the context clearly indicates another meaning:
(1) “Board” means the State Board of Election Supervisors.
(2) “Complainant” means the person who files a complaint with the board under this Subpart.
(3) “Federal election” means a general, special, primary, or runoff election for federal office; and a primary election held for the expression of a preference for the nomination of individuals for election to the office of president.
(4) “Respondent” means any state or local election official whose actions relating to a federal election are asserted, in a complaint under this Subpart, to be in violation of Title III of the Help America Vote Act of 2002.
(5) “Title III” means Title III of the Help America Vote Act of 2002, Public Law 107-252, 116 Stat. 1666 (2002), 42 U.S.C. §15481- 15485.
Acts 2003, No. 423, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 2004.