Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes 47:302.1
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- lease: means the leasing of automobiles and the possession or use thereof by the lessee, for a consideration, without the transfer of the title of such property for a one hundred eighty-day period or more. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 47:301
- Rental: means the renting of automobiles and the possession or use thereof by the renter, for a consideration, without the transfer of the title of such property for a period less than one hundred eighty days. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 47:301
- Sale: means any transfer of title or possession, or both, exchange, barter, conditional or otherwise, in any manner or by any means whatsoever, of tangible personal property, for a consideration, and includes the fabrication of tangible personal property for consumers who furnish, either directly or indirectly, the materials used in fabrication work, and the furnishing, preparing or serving, for a consideration, of any tangible personal property, consumed on the premises of the person furnishing, preparing or serving such tangible personal property. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 47:301
- sales tax: shall mean the sales and use tax imposed by the state pursuant to the provisions of this Chapter and Chapter 2-A and 2-B of this Subtitle and the tax imposed by political subdivisions under the constitution or laws of this state authorizing the imposition of a sales and use tax. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 47:301
- use: include the donation of food items to a food bank as defined in R. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 47:301
A. Whenever a helicopter used in the exploration for or the extraction or production of oil, gas, and other minerals or for providing services to those engaged in such extraction, production, or exploration is acquired or used through a transaction entitled lease, rental, lease-purchase, or any similar name which for purposes other than sales taxation might be considered a conditional sale contract or a transaction in lieu of sale, such acquisition or use shall be deemed to be a sale for state and local sales tax purposes.
B. The tax due on such transactions shall be payable in equal monthly installments over the term of the lease, rental, or lease-purchase contract.
Acts 1984, No. 353, §1, eff. July 2, 1984.