Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 51 > Chapter 30-A
- Authorized user: means with respect to a computer, a person who owns or is authorized by the owner or lessee to use the computer. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:2007
- Cause computer software to be copied: means to distribute, transfer, or procure the copying of computer software or any component thereof. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:2007
- Communications provider: means an entity providing communications networks or services that enable consumers to access the Internet or destinations on the public switched telephone network via a computer modem. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:2007
- Computer software: means a sequence of instructions written in any programming language that is executed on a computer. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:2007
- Computer virus: means a computer program or other set of instructions that is designed to degrade the performance of or disable a computer or computer network and is designed to have the ability to replicate itself on other computers or computer networks without the authorization of the owners of those computers or computer networks. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:2007
- Damage: means any material impairment to the integrity, functionality, or availability of data, software, a computer, a system, or information. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:2007
- Internet: means the global information system that is logically linked together by a globally unique address space based on the Internet Protocol (IP), or its subsequent extensions, and that is able to support communications using the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) suite, or its subsequent extensions, or other IP-compatible protocols, and that provides, uses, or makes accessible, either publicly or privately, high-level services layered on the communications and related infrastructure described in this Chapter. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:2007
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Personally identifiable information: means any of the following:
(a) First name or first initial in combination with last name. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:2007
- Procure the copying: means to pay or provide other consideration to or induce another person to cause software to be copied onto a computer. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:2007
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.