|§ 18-502||Prohibited activities; applicability|
|§ 18-503||Statewide concern; preemption|
|§ 18-504||Civil remedies; damages|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 18 > Chapter 5 > Article 1
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Computer software: means a sequence of instructions that is written in any programming language and that is executed on a computer and does not include a web page or data components of web pages that are not executable independently of the web page. See Arizona Laws 18-501
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damage: means any significant impairment to the integrity or availability of data, computer software, a system or information. See Arizona Laws 18-501
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Intentionally deceptive: means any of the following:
(a) By means of an intentionally and materially false or fraudulent statement. See Arizona Laws 18-501
- Internet: means the global information system that is logically linked together by a globally unique address space based on the internet protocol, or its subsequent extensions, and that is able to support communications using the transmission control protocol or internet protocol suite, or its subsequent extensions, or other internet protocol compatible protocols, and that provides, uses or makes accessible, either publicly or privately, high level services layered on the communications and related infrastructure described in this paragraph. See Arizona Laws 18-501
- Owner or operator: means the owner or lessee of a computer or someone using the computer with the owner's or lessee's authorization. See Arizona Laws 18-501
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any individual, partnership, corporation, limited liability company or other organization or any combination of these entities. See Arizona Laws 18-501
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Personally identifiable information: means any of the following with respect to an individual who is an owner or operator of a computer:
(a) First name or first initial in combination with last name. See Arizona Laws 18-501
- Transmit: means to transfer, send or make available computer software, or any component of computer software, via the internet or any other medium, including local area networks of computers, any other nonwire transmission and a disk or other data storage device. See Arizona Laws 18-501