|§ 282||Sexual exploitation of minor|
|§ 283||Dissemination of sexually explicit material|
|§ 284||Possession of sexually explicit material|
|§ 285||Forfeiture of equipment used to facilitate violations|
Terms Used In Maine Revised Statutes > Title 17-A > Part 2 > Chapter 12
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Civil forfeiture: The loss of ownership of property used to conduct illegal activity.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Disseminate: means to manufacture, publish, send, promulgate, distribute, exhibit, issue, furnish, sell or transfer or to offer or agree to do any of these acts. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 23 Sec. 4423
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- in writing: include printing and other modes of making legible words. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 225
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Minor: means a person who has not attained 18 years of age. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 23 Sec. 4423
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- registered mail: when used in connection with any requirement for notice by mail shall mean either registered mail or certified mail. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 225
- Sexually explicit conduct: means any of the following acts:
A. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 23 Sec. 4423
Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries. Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence. Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.