[PL 1993, c. 410, Pt. MM, §9 (AMD).]
Terms Used In Maine Revised Statutes Title 23 Sec. 1974
- Access roads: means any and all roads or highways in the state highway system, including bridges, overpasses and underpasses, which directly or indirectly connect with the turnpike and which shall have been designated as such by the Department of Transportation. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 23 Sec. 1964
- Authority: means the Maine Turnpike Authority, created by Private and Special Law 1941, chapter 69, and continued in existence by this chapter. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 23 Sec. 1964
- bonds: means and includes a bond or note or other evidence of indebtedness authorized under this chapter whether issued under or pursuant to a bond resolution, trust indenture or loan or other security agreement. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 23 Sec. 1964
- Department of Transportation: means the State Department of Transportation or its successor. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 23 Sec. 1964
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- reconstruction: means any and all activities undertaken to maintain the Maine Turnpike, or any part thereof, as a modern, safe and efficient facility and includes, but is not limited to, any rebuilding, redesign, improvement or enlargement of the turnpike or any part thereof which the authority deems necessary to continuously, adequately, safely and swiftly facilitate vehicular traffic upon, to or from the Maine Turnpike. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 23 Sec. 1964
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Turnpike: means the roadway constructed between Kittery in York County and Augusta in Kennebec County pursuant to Private and Special Law 1941, chapter 69, sections 1 to 20, as amended, together with any expansion or extension of that roadway that is authorized by law, and includes not only the roadway and all rights-of-way, bridges, tunnels, overpasses, underpasses and interchanges either on the roadway or connected to or connecting with the roadway as expanded or extended, but also all buildings, toll facilities and other equipment, median barriers, shoulders, embankments, property rights, easements, leases and franchises relating to the roadway and such rights-of-way bridges, tunnels, overpasses, underpasses and interchanges and determined necessary or convenient for the construction, reconstruction, operation or maintenance of the turnpike. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 23 Sec. 1964
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 1 Sec. 72
[PL 1981, c. 595, §3 (NEW).]
[PL 2015, c. 5, §8 (RP).]
[PL 1993, c. 680, Pt. A, §26 (RP).]
[PL 1981, c. 595, §3 (NEW).]
[PL 2011, c. 302, §15 (AMD).]