[RR 2003, c. 2, §8 (COR).]
Terms Used In Maine Revised Statutes Title 5 Sec. 4654
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Business: means any corporation, partnership, limited liability corporation, professional corporation or any other legal business entity recognized under the laws of the State. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 5 Sec. 4651
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Court: means any District Court and, with regard to section 4659, the tribal court of the Passamaquoddy Tribe or the Penobscot Nation. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 5 Sec. 4651
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Harassment: means :
[PL 2011, c. 559, Pt. C, §§4, 5 (AMD).]
[PL 2003, c. 658, §6 (AMD).]
[PL 2017, c. 288, Pt. A, §§5-7 (AMD).]
[PL 2009, c. 94, §1 (AMD).]
[PL 2011, c. 559, Pt. C, §6 (AMD).]
[PL 1987, c. 515, §1 (NEW).]
[PL 2009, c. 555, §1 (NEW).]