|§ 1||Right to light and air|
|§ 1A||Solar easements|
|§ 2||Easements by prescription|
|§ 3||Notice of intention to prevent acquisition by custom|
|§ 4||Effect of notice|
|§ 5||Installation of public utility services for abutting owners on private ways authorized|
Terms Used In Massachusetts General Laws > Chapter 187
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.