The attorney general may apply to the circuit court for Ingham county, or to the circuit court for the county in which a violation of this act is alleged to have occurred or in which the person that allegedly violated this act resides or is located, for injunctive or other appropriate judicial relief or remedy. However, this act does not create a private cause of action for a violation of this act.