|§ 445.2541||Fee; prohibition|
|§ 445.2542||Injunctive or judicial relief|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 445 > Act 229 of 2013 > Article 4
- Consumer: means an individual who resides in this state. See Michigan Laws 445.2512
- Consumer reporting agency: means any person that, for monetary fees or dues or on a cooperative nonprofit basis, regularly engages in whole or in part in the practice of assembling or evaluating consumer credit information or other information on consumers for the purpose of furnishing credit reports to third parties and that uses any means or facility of interstate commerce for the purpose of preparing or furnishing credit reports. See Michigan Laws 445.2512
- Credit report: means any written, oral, or other communication of any information by a consumer reporting agency that is related to a consumer's creditworthiness, credit standing, or credit capacity, and is issued or expected to be used or collected in whole or in part for the purpose of serving as a factor in establishing the consumer's eligibility for credit. See Michigan Laws 445.2512
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Fund: means the motor vehicle accident claims fund. See Michigan Laws 257.1102
- Person: includes natural persons, firms, copartnerships, associations, and corporations, except this state or an agency or political subdivision of this state. See Michigan Laws 257.1102
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Protected consumer: means either of the following:
(i) An individual who is under 16 years of age at the time a request for the placement of a security freeze is made. See Michigan Laws 445.2512
- Representative: means an individual who provides to a consumer reporting agency sufficient proof of authority to act on behalf of a protected consumer. See Michigan Laws 445.2512
- Secretary: means the secretary of state acting as director of the fund. See Michigan Laws 257.1102
- Security freeze: means a restriction placed on a consumer's credit report at the request of the consumer that prohibits a consumer reporting agency from releasing the consumer's credit report or any information derived from the consumer's credit report without the express authorization of or on behalf of the consumer. See Michigan Laws 445.2512