(1) A rebate or discount from a medical supply or device manufacturer or from a company that licenses or distributes medical supplies or devices for a medical supply or device manufacturer to a consumer for that consumer’s use of a medical supply or device manufactured or licensed or distributed by that manufacturer or company does not violate section 4.
(2) This section does not alter any copayment, deductible, coinsurance, or other cost-sharing requirements under a contract, certificate, or policy issued by a health care corporation or health care insurer.
Terms Used In Michigan Laws 752.1004b
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Health care insurer: means any insurance company authorized to provide health insurance in this state or any legal entity which is self-insured and providing health care benefits to its employees. See Michigan Laws 752.1002