Terms Used In Michigan Laws 752.1010
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Health care insurer: means any insurance company authorized to provide health insurance in this state or any legal entity which is self-insured and providing health care benefits to its employees. See Michigan Laws 752.1002
- Person: means an individual, corporation, partnership, association, or any other legal entity. See Michigan Laws 752.1002
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
Any person convicted of a violation of section 3, 4, or 5, in addition to any fines or sentences imposed, including any order of probation, may be ordered to make restitution to a health care corporation or health care insurer.