|§ 12.51||Transfer of cash on hand; approval; advance appropriations|
|§ 12.52||Relief of state treasurer from liability|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 12 > Act 55 of 1967
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Automotive recycler: means that term as defined in section 2a of the Michigan vehicle code, 1949 PA 300, MCL 257. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Bond: means a performance bond from a surety company authorized to transact business in this state, a certificate of deposit, a cash bond, or an irrevocable letter of credit, in favor of the department. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- city: whenever used in this act , shall be construed to mean a city incorporated under this act, or made subject to its provisions. See Michigan Laws 113.10
- Collection site: means , subject to subdivision (e), a site consisting of a parcel or adjacent parcels of real property where any of the following are accumulated:
(i) 500 or more scrap tires. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Commission: means the commission of natural resources. See Michigan Laws 324.301
- Commodity: means crumb rubber, tire chips, a ring or slab cut from a tire for use as a weight, or a product die-cut or punched from a tire, or any other product that, as determined by the department based on the product's production cost and value, is not likely to result in an accumulation, at the site of production or use, that poses a threat to public health or the environment. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Community cleanup site: means a site owned by a local unit of government or nonprofit organization that has received a scrap tire cleanup grant under section 16908(2)(c) and uses this site for the purpose of collecting scrap tires from residents as part of a community cleanup day or resident drop off. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Council: means a trail management council established pursuant to section 72106. See Michigan Laws 324.72101
- Crumb rubber: means rubber material derived from tires that is less than 1/8 inch by 1/8 inch in size and is free of steel and fiber. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Department: means the department of natural resources. See Michigan Laws 324.72101
- Department: means the director of the department of natural resources or his or her designee to whom the director delegates a power or duty by written instrument. See Michigan Laws 324.301
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Director: means the director of the department or his or her designee. See Michigan Laws 324.72101
- Director: means the director of the department of natural resources. See Michigan Laws 324.301
- Election: means an election or primary election at which the electors of this state or of a subdivision of this state choose or nominate by ballot an individual for public office or decide a ballot question lawfully submitted to them. See Michigan Laws 168.2
- End-user: means any of the following:
(i) A person who possesses a permit to burn tires under part 55. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Farm: means that term as defined in section 2 of the Michigan right to farm act, 1981 PA 93, MCL 286. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Farm operation: means that term as defined in section 2 of the Michigan right to farm act, 1981 PA 93, MCL 286. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Feed storage location: means a location on a parcel or adjacent parcels of real property containing a farm operation where not more than 3,000 scrap tires are used to secure stored feed. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Flood risk area: means the area of the shoreland that is determined by the department on the basis of studies and surveys to be subject to flooding from effects of levels of the Great Lakes and is not limited to 1,000 feet. See Michigan Laws 324.32301
- Fund: means the Pure Michigan Trails fund created in section 72109. See Michigan Laws 324.72101
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Landfill: means a landfill as defined in section 11504 that is licensed under part 115. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Law enforcement officer: means any law enforcement officer who is trained and licensed or certified under the Michigan commission on law enforcement standards act, 1965 PA 203, MCL 28. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Local unit of government: means a municipality or county. See Michigan Laws 324.301
- military duty: means (1) training and service performed by an inductee, enlistee or reservist or any entrant into a temporary component of the armed forces of the United States, and (2) time spent in reporting for and returning from such training and service, or if a rejection occurs, from the place of reporting therefor: Provided, That the time spent does not exceed the minimum time required by law for the inductee or not exceed 3 years for the first enlistment, or not exceed 3 years for the reservist after being recalled to active duty or as soon after the expiration of such 3 years as the reservist is able to obtain orders relieving him from active duty: And provided further, That if the re-employment provision of the selective service act is amended to provide a period of other than 3 years, such a period provided by the selective service act shall apply. See Michigan Laws 35.351
- month: means a calendar month; the word "year" a calendar year; and the word "year" alone shall be equivalent to the words "year of our Lord". See Michigan Laws 8.3j
- oath: shall be construed to include the word "affirmation" in all cases where by law an affirmation may be substituted for an oath; and in like cases the word "sworn" shall be construed to include the word "affirmed". See Michigan Laws 8.3k
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 8.3l
- Person: means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, governmental entity, or other legal entity. See Michigan Laws 324.301
- Portable shredding operation: means a person who operates scrap tire shredding equipment that produces a commodity or tire shreds and that can be moved from site to site. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- position: means employment, whether probationary or otherwise, held by a public employee at the time of entrance into military duty, but shall not include temporary or casual employment or an office filled by election, nor officers appointed for a fixed term. See Michigan Laws 35.351
- Probate: Proving a will
- public employee: means any person holding a position in public employment, both classified and unclassified. See Michigan Laws 35.351
- public employer: means any government, department or agency mentioned in subsection (b) of this section employing a public employee in a position. See Michigan Laws 35.351
- public employment: means remunerative employment by the government of this state, or of any county, municipality, or other civil or political subdivision thereof, including any department, agency or instrumentality thereof. See Michigan Laws 35.351
- Pure Michigan Trail: means a trail designated as a "Pure Michigan Trail" under section 72103. See Michigan Laws 324.72101
- qualified elector: as used in this act , means a person who possesses the qualifications of an elector as prescribed in section 1 of article II of the state constitution of 1963 and who has resided in the city or township 30 days. See Michigan Laws 168.10
- qualified military veteran: means an individual who meets all of the following requirements:
(a) Before graduation from a high school, the military veteran enlisted in or was drafted into the armed forces of the United States during World War II between December 16, 1940 and December 31, 1946, during the Korean conflict between June 27, 1950 and January 31, 1955, or during the Vietnam era between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975. See Michigan Laws 35.341
- Racecourse: means a commercially operated track for go-carts, off-road recreational vehicles, motorcycles, or other vehicles that uses scrap tires as bumpers along the track for safety purposes and that meets 1 or more of the following requirements:
(i) Uses not more than 3,000 scrap tires for bumpers. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Rescission: The cancellation of budget authority previously provided by Congress. The Impoundment Control Act of 1974 specifies that the President may propose to Congress that funds be rescinded. If both Houses have not approved a rescission proposal (by passing legislation) within 45 days of continuous session, any funds being withheld must be made available for obligation.
- Retailer: means a person who sells or offers for sale new, retreaded, or remanufactured tires to consumers in this state. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Retreader: means a person who retreads, recases, or recaps tire casings for reuse. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Scrap tire: means a tire that is no longer being used for its original intended purpose including, but not limited to, a used tire, a reusable tire casing, or portions of a tire. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Scrap tire hauler: means a person who transports more than 10 scrap tires at once in a vehicle on a public road or street. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Scrap tire processor: means either of the following:
(i) A person who is authorized by this part to accumulate scrap tires and is engaged in the business of buying or otherwise acquiring scrap tires and reducing their volume by shredding or otherwise facilitating recycling or resource recovery techniques for scrap tires. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Shoreland: means the land, water, and land beneath the water that is in close proximity to the shoreline of a Great Lake or a connecting waterway. See Michigan Laws 324.32301
- Solid waste hauler: means a solid waste hauler as defined in section 11506 who transports less than 25% by weight or volume of scrap tires along with other solid waste in any truckload to a disposal area licensed under part 115. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o
- Tire: means a continuous solid or pneumatic rubber covering encircling the wheel of a tractor or other farm machinery or of a vehicle. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Trail: means a right-of-way adapted to foot, horseback, motorized, or other nonmotorized travel. See Michigan Laws 324.72101
- United States: shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o
- Vehicle: means a device in, upon, or by which a person or property is or may be transported or drawn upon a highway. See Michigan Laws 324.16901
- Vehicle support stand: means equipment used to support a stationary vehicle consisting of an inflated tire and wheel that is attached to another wheel. See Michigan Laws 324.16901