|§ 287.351||Person bitten by dog; liability of owner|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 287 > Act 73 of 1939 - Liability of Owner for Dog Bite
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 8.3l
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o
- United States: shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o