|§ 333.26312||Owner or operator of health club; duties|
|§ 333.26313||Emergency service|
|§ 333.26314||Violation as civil infraction; civil fine|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 333 > Act 23 of 2006 - Medical Emergencies in Health Clubs
- AED: means automated external defibrillator. See Michigan Laws 333.26311
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Business entity: means a corporation, association, partnership, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, or other legal entity. See Michigan Laws 500.1201
- Commissioner: means the director. See Michigan Laws 500.102
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the department of community health. See Michigan Laws 333.26311
- Director: means , unless the context clearly implies a different meaning, the director of the department. See Michigan Laws 500.102
- Health club: means an establishment that provides, as its primary purpose, services or facilities that are purported to assist patrons in physical exercise, in weight control, or in figure development, including, but not limited to, a fitness center, studio, salon, or club. See Michigan Laws 333.26311
- Insurance: means any of the lines of authority in chapter 6. See Michigan Laws 500.1201
- Insurance producer: means a person required to be licensed under the laws of this state to sell, solicit, or negotiate insurance. See Michigan Laws 500.1201
- Insurer: means an individual, corporation, association, partnership, reciprocal exchange, inter-insurer, Lloyds organization, fraternal benefit society, or other legal entity, engaged or attempting to engage in the business of making insurance or surety contracts. See Michigan Laws 500.106
- License: means a document issued by the director authorizing a person to act as an insurance producer for the qualifications specified in the document. See Michigan Laws 500.1201
- Limited line credit insurance: includes credit life, credit disability, credit property, credit unemployment, involuntary unemployment, mortgage life, mortgage guaranty, mortgage disability, guaranteed automobile protection insurance, and any other form of insurance offered in connection with an extension of credit that is limited to partially or wholly extinguishing that credit obligation that the director determines should be designated a form of limited line credit insurance. See Michigan Laws 500.1201
- Limited lines insurance: means any of the following:
(i) Marine insurance as defined in section 614. See Michigan Laws 500.1201
Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses. Person: means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, governmental entity, or other legal entity. See Michigan Laws 333.26311 Personal property: All property that is not real property. state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o