|§ 722.161||Reimbursement of certain legal costs of foster parents; conditions|
|§ 722.162||Defenses; liability|
|§ 722.163||Action against foster parent or legal guardian for injuries; “legal guardian” defined|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 722 > Act 33 of 1980 - Reimbursement of Legal Costs of Foster Parents
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Nolo contendere: No contest-has the same effect as a plea of guilty, as far as the criminal sentence is concerned, but may not be considered as an admission of guilt for any other purpose.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 8.3l