Terms Used In South Carolina Code > Title 59 > Chapter 38 - South Carolina Education Bill of Rights for Children in Foster Care
- convicted: means adjudication at trial or civil hearing and includes the entry of a plea of guilty, or nolo contendere, or the forfeiture of bail or collateral deposited to secure a defendant's appearance in court. See South Carolina Code 50-5-15
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Fishing: means all activity and effort involved in taking or attempting to take fish. See South Carolina Code 50-5-15
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: means an individual, a partnership, a firm, a corporation, an association, or other legal entity. See South Carolina Code 50-21-10
- Take: means to harass intentionally, hunt, capture, gather, harvest, remove, catch, wound, or kill or attempt to harass, hunt, capture, gather, harvest, remove, catch, wound, or kill. See South Carolina Code 50-5-15