|§ 96.1||City owned pounds; impounding regulations; poundmaster|
|§ 96.2||Fees for impounding; sale of animals; penalties|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapters 81-113 > Act 215 of 1895 > Chapter XVI
- administrator: means the administrator of veterans affairs, or his successor. See Michigan Laws 35.71
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- benefits: shall mean all moneys paid or payable by the United States through the veterans administration. See Michigan Laws 35.71
- city: whenever used in this act , shall be construed to mean a city incorporated under this act, or made subject to its provisions. See Michigan Laws 113.10
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- in writing: shall be construed to include printing, engraving, and lithographing; except that if the written signature of a person is required by law, the signature shall be the proper handwriting of the person or, if the person is unable to write, the person's proper mark, which may be, unless otherwise expressly prohibited by law, a clear and classifiable fingerprint of the person made with ink or another substance. See Michigan Laws 8.3q
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- person: includes a partnership, corporation or an association. See Michigan Laws 35.71
- shall not apply: means that the pertinent provision is not operative as to certain persons or things or in conjunction with a particular date or dates. See Michigan Laws 8.4c
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o
- United States: shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o
- veterans administration: means the United States veterans administration, its predecessors or successors. See Michigan Laws 35.71
- ward: means a beneficiary of the veterans administration. See Michigan Laws 35.71