Missouri Laws 147.030 – Payment of tax, when
1. For each taxable year beginning on or after January 1, 1980, the franchise tax provided for in this chapter shall be paid on or before the due date of the corporation‘s state income tax return pursuant to chapter 143.
2. For each taxable year beginning on or after January 1, 1980, if a corporation shall obtain an extension of time for paying its annual Missouri income tax pursuant to section 143.551 such corporation will also be granted a corresponding extension of time for paying the franchise tax due pursuant to this chapter for its taxable year immediately succeeding the taxable year for which the income tax extension is granted.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 147.030
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
3. If the time for filing the franchise tax report is extended pursuant to section 147.020, but the time for payment of the franchise tax is not extended pursuant to this section, the corporation shall pay, on or before the due date of such corporation’s state income tax return pursuant to chapter 143, the amount properly estimated as its franchise tax for the taxable year.
4. Every corporation having a transitional year shall pay the franchise tax provided for in this chapter on or before the fifteenth day of April, 1980.