1. Anyone who violates any provision of sections 301.217 to 301.229 is guilty of a class A misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be punished as provided by law.
2. The director of revenue or his or her designated representative, including members or authorized or designated employees of the Missouri highway patrol shall administer and enforce the provisions of sections 301.217 to 301.229 and may develop, prescribe and issue any forms, notices or other written documents in order to enforce such authority and to ensure that every person licensed or required to be licensed pursuant to sections 301.217 to 301.229 is in compliance with sections 301.217 to 301.229.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 301.229
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- director of revenue: the director of the department of revenue. See Missouri Laws 301.010
- Highway: any public thoroughfare for vehicles, including state roads, county roads and public streets, avenues, boulevards, parkways or alleys in any municipality. See Missouri Laws 301.010
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020